Picking Your Perfect Leather
Leather hides come in many different colors, finishes, & weights. Below I've described the leather finishes I carry in my shop. This can help you decide which is best for you. Or you can take my fun leather quiz below to help narrow down whats right for you.Find my Perfect Leather Finish Quiz
A Smooth Hand
Only Getting Better with Age
- Cognac & English Black ~ If you like a smooth hand to your bags and like to take the time to break your bags in these beauties are for you. You'll start with a sturdy solid feeling bag. This leather is a bit rigid but the more you use it the more it gets better with age. She will start to soften up, then darken in corners till the entire bag is a richer darker color. And even further down the line she will patina around those edges giving you a beautiful leather bag. (English Black will not darken but will still soften and patina over time)
- Blush Nude ~ You have to see this beautiful transformation. This color is amazing; she starts a light blush nude color with a smooth hand and a very solid thick feel but the more you use this nude beauty her deeper darker side will come out until she has transformed into a darker richer color. This leather will also soften up and patina but the long life of this transformation will be the fun part to watch. Don't worry though if you want a full summer of her lighter color, she will stay light in color for awhile.
- Scottish Ale, Cherry, Chocolate Torte, & Emerald ~ If you like some structure but don't want to spend months softening up your bag and love deep marbley colors then these would be great for you. They have a smooth hand with a glazed look. While they come already softer than the previous two they will still soften up even more making any structure in the bags more relaxed over time. And as true with any quality full-grain leather these will also patina and darken with you over the years.
Girl Next Door
- Tan ~ Who doesn't love the girl next door? She fun, pretty, & super easy to get along with. Your bestie at brunch! This leather is exactly like that. Not too thick, not too rigid, not too marbley but has some lighter tone markings. Glazed but not shiny. This leather will have some structure but lighter-weight than the previous ones. She will soften up giving any beginning structure a more relaxed temperament and dive deeper into her sun kissed self over time and of course patina as well much later down the road.
- True Black~ For those looking for a beautiful shine to their leather bags. Lighter-weight with a little structure this leather will come ready to use with very little breaking in time.